The Center for Open and Distance Learning (CODL) organizes regular writing workshops targeting Professors and Lecturers who develop modules for the University of Nairobi's Open and Distance Learning platform.
CODL held a joint writers workshop for the college of Health Sciences (CHS) and College of Agriculture and Veterinary Services (CAVS). The training was held on the 19th to 22nd September 2016 at CCU. About 44 participants attended the training. Participants comprised of both old and new writers.
(Group photo of all participants)
The objectives of the training were:
· Sharing inputs for writing instructional materials
· Developing outlines and outcomes for the modules and lectures
· Reorganizing and developing lectures in line with the outline requirement
· Providing for interactivity and visualization
· Ensuring conversational approach in module development
· Sharing the characteristics of effective self- instructional materials
· Sharing sample modules for getting updates
· Identifying gaps in modules
· Completing the remaining lectures
· Finalizing the module for review complete with activities, summaries and further reading/references
· Sharing the quality assurance strategies
· Reviewing the module assigned as applicable
· Revising the module after review
· Submitting the finalized modules
· Developing outline and learning outcomes for new modules
· Providing the way forward.
(Group Photo: Participants from the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Services)
(Group Photo: participants from the College of Health Sciences)
The workshop was facilitated by Mr. Jackonia Odumbe, Prof. Gakuu and Mrs. Mary Ngechu.
List of Participants
Click to download workshop Programme